List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: changing modifytimestamp
From:       192.100.124.27
Date:       2004-10-27 12:13:01

Chris> On 27/10/04 10:54 am, Claude <claude.b@luukku.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to refresh the modifytimestamp value of an object _without_
>> adding, removing or changing an attribute.
>>
>> Changing the value directly does not seem to go through, as I the
>> server refuses to do it.
>>
>> Am I trying to do something which does not make sense?

Chris> That's correct. The modifyTimestamp attribute is not
Chris> user-modifiable, and is only changed by the server.

Chris> You *have* to make and unmake some bogus change, if you want to
Chris> change the modifyTimestamp over protocol.

Chris> Servers may have some proprietary interface which allow you to
Chris> change modifyTimestamps, e.g. bulk loading to the raw database
Chris> files.
[...]

Tx for your answer, Chris!
--