List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Filtering by objectsid in the Active Directory
From:       Jason Kiebzak <jkiebzak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-09 15:14:29

Hello list,

I've been trying to fitler for specific objects our Active Directory
by hunting for a specifc objectsid. We have a list of accounts that we
watch for changes on, and we need to hunt against the SID since the
'names' could in theory change on the object. The objectsid property
seems to be stored as a hex value - or something similar. Its not your
standard S-1-xxxx-xxxx. That isn't too big of a problem. Grabbing this
value and filtering by it usually works just fine, but there are
certain objects that I doesn't work for. I think the objectsid may
contain characters that the filter choaks on.

Has anyone been able to do this with Net::LDAP?

Thanks
Jason