List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Problem=20adding=20non=2Dascii=20characters=20to=20Active=20Directory?=
From:       suruman () zipmail ! com ! br
Date:       2004-01-08 23:55:52

Hey folks,

I'm kinda new to Perl-LDAP and I'm having some problems to add attributes
with non-ascii values into Active Directory.

For example, setting and user geographic location attribut to:

l => 'Vitória',

when I connect to the directory (using AD Users and Computers), this attribute
for the example users shows "Vitria" (missing ó). I have already tried to
encode as UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1, but it seems AD uses another encoding, so
the code bellow doesn't work either:

$locality = encode("iso-8859-1", "Vitória");

or

$locality = encode("utf8", "Vitória");

Any tips on solving this?

Thanks
Ricardo

Use o melhor sistema de busca da Internet
Radar UOL - http://www.radaruol.com.br