List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    No SASL mechanism error
From:       Tim Connop <tim.connop () totalise ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-12-08 18:28:55

>===== Original Message From Tim Connop <tim.connop@totalise.co.uk> =====
I have a small perl script to test out SMTP Auth.  Now this works fine on
W2K/Activeperl 5.6.1 but under RH/Perl 5.8.0 I get the message "No SASL
mechanism found".  I have installed the Authen module (2.02) correctly, and
this is all that was required under W2K.  Can anyone give me any pointers on
this issue?

I'm posting here because that's where it says to on the notes.

Regards,

Tim

Update: I've done a lot of digging and it appears that the problems are
related to the install.  There were no specific install steps (that i could
find) so I just did the usual (decomp, unpack, perl Makefile.PL, make, make
test & make install).  However on the make test the t/cram_md5 line was
skipped with the statement "all skipped, no reason given".  All of the other
lines were ok though.  Can anyone suggest why this could be the case and what
i could do to get round it?

regards,

Tim