List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: Modifikation Timestamp
From:       Jim Harle <harle () usna ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-22 13:28:14

Here are a few things to look at:
  Did you bind with a dn and password that allows access to modifyTimestamp?
  You must explicitly ask for it in the attriubute list by something like
attrs => [
"modifiersName","modifyTimestamp","createTimeStamp","lastLoginTime",'creatorsName'
]
 or say you want everything using
attrs => [ "*" ]

For your number 3 point, be careful.  On some LDAP servers (e.g. Novell), cn is
part of the structure, but not a searchable attribute unless you explitly
populate it.  So, make sure a search of cn=Frank works by itself.  Related to
that, I always include a Z at the end of modifyTimestamp.  For example,
 modifyTimestamp>=20020722124012Z

Ihr Englisch ist besser dann meine Deutsch