List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: differences in dependencies for XML modules
From:       Clif Harden <charden () pobox ! com>
Date:       2002-07-21 4:23:25

The old DSML.pm used the XML::Parser module,  the
Makefile.PL probably has not been updated to
reflect the new requirements of the DSML.pm
file.

One of the negative side effects of the new DSML.pm
file is it requires quite a few xml modules, which
in turn requires more or newer modules.  This is the
dreaded perl module dependency problem.

One of the ways of getting around this problem is
by using the perl cpan shell to help you with the
modules.

Clif Harden          charden@pobox.com