List:       perl-datetime
Subject:    Adoptable modules (Re: Status of DateTime::Event::Easter)
From:       Jean Forget <J2N-FORGET () orange ! fr>
Date:       2015-01-19 6:29:22

Le lundi 19 janvier 2015 à 15:27 +1100, Rick Measham a écrit :
> On 16-Jan-15 07:53, Jean Forget wrote:
> > I have noticed that your module has not been updated till 2004.
>
> Hi everyone! Happy DateTime->now() to you all.
>
> As Jean pointed out above, I have not done much on DateTime in quite a
> while. I don't play much in perl any more, but remain proud of the work
> I have done in the past and the DateTime project overall.
>
> I have a number of modules I'm the maintainer for. Some of them are
> useful, others are .. less so.
>
> If you have the willingness, skill and experience I'm more than happy to
> put any of these up for adoption.
> * DateTime::Format::Baby
> * DateTime::Format::Duration
> * DateTime::LazyInit
> * DateTime::TimeZone::LMT
>
> I wrote the original DateTime::Format::Strptime that is now maintained
> by Dave Rolsky and have just made Jean the (co)maintainer of
> DateTime::Event::Easter, so if you want to work on either of those,
> please speak to those gentlemen.
>
> Regards,
> - Rick

Even if it is a "less useful" module, I volunteer to maintain
DateTime::Format::Baby (in addition to DT::E::Easter).

For the other modules, you can give co-maintenance status to
ADOPTME, as explained in
http://neilb.org/2013/08/07/adoptme.html
So it can appear in http://neilb.org/adoption/
and reach a bigger audience than the DateTime mailing-list.

Best regards,

Jean Forget