List:       perl-datetime
Subject:    Re: DateTime::Calendar::Discordian
From:       Rich Bowen <rbowen () rcbowen ! com>
Date:       2010-01-15 13:33:53

On Jan 15, 2010, at 08:18 , Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Rich Bowen wrote:
>
>> Long, long ago, I write Date::Discordian, the first of many date/
>> time modules that started my interest in Perl datetime stuff.
>>
>> ... time passes ...
>>
>> Today I was poking around the perl-datetime svn repository, and
>> found DateTime::Calendar::Discordian, which is evidently the
>> current incarnation of that module. But the one that's on CPAN
>> isn't the same one that's in svn, by a LONG shot.
>
> I have no idea where that module came from.  I maintain the CPAN
> module and my public git repository is at
> http://github.com/jaldhar/DateTime-Calendar-Discordian

The one that's in DateTime svn is the one I wrote, all those years ago.

>> I was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to the current
>> state of this module.
>
> It is in a stable, feature-complete state.  Unless you have some
> ideas, I don't think there's really anything more to do to it.

No, the only thing that is lacking is comments in the source code
quoting the Principia. ;-)

Clearly, a Discordian module should return 'Hail Eris', rather than
just 1! :-)

Thanks for the info. I'll find somewhere else in the project to get
plugged back in. I'll probably figure out some way to make
Date::Discordian just inherit from DT::C::Discordian and be somewhat
backward compat.

--
Rich Bowen