List:       perl-datetime
Subject:    Re: DateTime.pm and Bugzilla
From:       71.246.109.35
Date:       2010-01-03 3:59:28

Ginger Smith wrote:

>   Can't locate object method "_calc_utc_rd" via package
> "DateTime::Infinite::Future" at C:/Perl/lib/DateTime/Infinite.pm line
> 54. Compilation failed in require at DateTime.pm line 69. Compilation
> failed in require at Bugzilla/Util.pm line 53. BEGIN failed--compilation
> aborted at Bugzilla/Util.pm line 53. Compilation failed in require at
> Bugzilla/Hook.pm line 26. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> Bugzilla/Hook.pm line 26. Compilation failed in require at
> Bugzilla/Config.pm line 37. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> Bugzilla/Config.pm line 37. Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla.pm
> line 38. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Bugzilla.pm line 38.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Bugzilla/index.cgi line 34. BEGIN
> failed--compilation aborted at C:/Bugzilla/index.cgi line 34.
>

>   I have downloaded datetime.pm several times but I can only seem to find
> your version.  (I was hopeful that an older version might work
>
>   better as my new ActivePerl on Windows is 589 build 826 (not 10).
>

>   I do not find an infinite folder or future and past pm files no matter
> where I look.

This appears to be a defect in ActiveState's packaging of DateTime.  I
don't have Windows myself.  I downloaded the DateTime-0.53.ppmx for
Linux and un-tarred and unzipped it.  This is what I found:

blib/
blib/lib/
blib/lib/DateTimePP.pm
blib/lib/DateTime.pm
blib/lib/DateTime/
blib/lib/DateTime/Helpers.pm
blib/lib/DateTime/LeapSecond.pm
blib/lib/DateTime/Infinite.pm
blib/lib/DateTime/Duration.pm
blib/lib/DateTimePPExtra.pm
blib/arch/
blib/arch/auto/
blib/arch/auto/DateTime/
blib/arch/auto/DateTime/DateTime.bs
blib/arch/auto/DateTime/DateTime.so

In other words, no DateTime::Infinite::Future.  But perhaps that's
because in the CPAN distribution, it's part of the same file as
DateTime::Infinite:  http://tinyurl.com/yz6elux

Jim Keenan