List:       perl-datetime
Subject:    Re: DateTime and Date::Calc
From:       Dave Rolsky <autarch () urth ! org>
Date:       2004-07-22 14:13:03

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Flatman wrote:

> I used to use the module Date::Calc . I lastly installed ActiveState 5.8
> on my Windows NT 4.0 system . Since then impossible to install
> Date::Calc .
> As I see lots of discuss around DateTime, I'd like to know if this is
> some kind of replacement for Date::Calc ?

Sort of.  The DateTime suite is more or less intended to supersede _all_
previous Perl date & time modules, by doing everything they do and more.
OTOH, Date::Calc is really fast, and DateTime is quite a bit slower.  I
don't know that DateTime will ever be faster than Date::Calc.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com