List:       perl-datetime
Subject:    Re: [Reefknot-devel] question about Date::ICal (fwd)
From:       srl <slandrum () cs ! smith ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-03 4:51:50

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:

> Anyone got a good answer for this guy? I feel like I aught to be able
> to point him somewhere, but my brane feels a little fuzzy right now.

(long series of questions about a timezone-conversion problem
omitted)

I've been working on timezone support in Net::ICal tonight. One of
the things we've got sketched out for Net::ICal::Time is a
move_to_zone function, which should do pretty much what he needs.
I'll be hacking on that this weekend.

Basically, to convert from one timezone to another, you need to
know the UTC offsets involved; from there it should be relatively
simple math. There may be a way to do this with some of the more
standard Perl date/time modules, but I'm not sure.

srl
--
Shane R. Landrum         slandrum@cs.smith.edu
we generate our own light to compensate for the lack of light from above -AD