List:       perl-beginners
Subject:    Re: application starter kit
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () infinito ! it>
Date:       2017-01-23 9:44:18

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Chas. Owens <chas.owens@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you are saying you want to be able to create one file you can give
> to someone else and have them run a Perl 5 program you have written without
> having to install all of the modules (and possibly even perl itself).  If
> this is the case, then you are in luck.  There are a couple of solutions
> that exist today:

No, sorry, I misexplained my aim: I want to be able to do all normal
CPAN stuff like installing my module, testing, getting dependencies,
but with the final result of installing an executable instead of a
module.
Your solutions are really interesting, and while I already knew about
par and docker, fatpack has been an interesting hint, but I'm looking
for something simpler.

Luca