List:       perl-beginners
Subject:    Re: Yet another first website
From:       Shlomi Fish <shlomif () shlomifish ! org>
Date:       2014-11-09 14:45:37

On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 16:55:13 +0300
Hi Artem,

Артём Варнайский <varnayskiy@mail.ru> wrote:

>  Sam, Shlomi Fish, Kent, thanks for detailed answers and links, this is just
> what I need.

You're welcome.

> Sam wrote:
> >I can recommend the courses at https://geekuni.com/
> >They might be just what you are looking for.
> Sam, I'll try to master dancer by   myself, but I'll know where to go if
> something happens. I'm afraid that communication in English will be harder
> than tuition :)
>

> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> >Is there anything specific you want to learn?
> Should I spend a few evenings studying OOP, before I start programming my
> website, or maybe come back to it later? How OOP can help me? I was writing
> in C++ In the past but have not learned to think in terms of OOP.

I give the motivation for OOP here:

http://perl-begin.org/tutorials/perl-for-newbies/part3/#page--intro--objects--PAGE

and there's also http://perldoc.perl.org/perlootut.html .

You should learn the basics of OOP before you make further headway, because
it's utilised extensively in Perl. C++'s way of doing OOP leaves a lot to be
desired: http://shlomifishswiki.branchable.com/Links_against_C++/ .

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish