List:       perl-beginners
Subject:    Re: system("cd /home/tomer/temp") problem
From:       Raymond Wan <rwan () kuicr ! kyoto-u ! ac ! jp>
Date:       2009-01-29 3:01:40

Hi Tomer,

tomer wrote:
> after exectue the command system("cd /home/tomer/temp")
> I dont see the terminal change the direcotry?
> maybe the change is valid only in the script?
> how can i control "seeing" terminal direcotry with perl script ?

system might not be what you want.  What it does is that it creates a new process in \
which to run your command (see http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/system.html); so \
that is one reason why you can't "see" the change.

If you want to change the directory, use perl's built-in function chdir:

http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/chdir.html

I think that is what you are looking for.

Ray