List:       perl-beginners
Subject:    Re: problem in returning the hash reference
From:       "John W.Krahn" <krahnj () telus ! net>
Date:       2007-10-31 17:55:35

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 20:53, Praveena Vittal wrote:
> Hi All,

Hello,

>  I have writen a library for a particular function.I could not
> written the hash reference fron the subroutine "process_files".Can
> any one please help in this regard?

You should *at* *least* test your code with warnings and strict enabled!

Testing this with warnings enabled produced these messages:

Scalar value @match[0] better written as $match[0] at your_program line
203.
Scalar value @match[0] better written as $match[0] at your_program line
209.
Unquoted string "false" may clash with future reserved word at
your_program line 308.
Unquoted string "true" may clash with future reserved word at
your_program line 313.
Name "Filter_Rule::test" used only once: possible typo at your_program
line 119.
Name "Filter_Rule::match_flt" used only once: possible typo at
your_program line 82.
Name "Filter_Rule::audit" used only once: possible typo at your_program
line 38.

Testing with strict also enabled produced a *lot* of messages.

So enable warnings and fix those problems and then enable strict and
fix those problems and *then* come back here if you still have problems.

John
--
use Perl;
program