List:       pen-test
Subject:    Re: Software to Correlate traffic from various devices
From:       "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs ! com>
Date:       2009-08-08 3:32:29

A top-poster (http://idallen.com/topposting.html) named
mhellman@taxandfinance.com wrote:
> Been hearing that a lot lately, but seen no facts to support. Our Cisco
> reps keep saying it isn't so.  MARS certainly isn't officially EOL.  I've
> been hearing about something called Crossbow that supposedly combines CSM
> (device management) with something like MARS, but no roadmap as of yet
> from Cisco.
>
> Care to share any supporting info you have about the death of MARS?

I think most people are just *hoping* it goes away. Cisco doesn't have a
good reputation when it comes to security. Networking, yes. Security, no.

Randy

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a \
proper penetration test. IACRB CPT and CEPT certs require a full practical \
examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org