List:       pen-test
Subject:    Re: Crack MSN hashes?
From:       Kish Pent <kish_pent () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-04-29 4:33:39

Hi Matheus,

The MSN Messenger uses the MSNP Protocol. The current version uses 13 or 14/15 too \
maybe ... Not sure which one's used here correctly. This is a copy of the IETF draft \
of MSN Messenger service 1.0 protocol, \
http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/ietf_draft.php

I think it's version 14 or 15 of the MSNP in the current OneLive / Windows Live \
Messenger. You can get unofficial documentation and additional protocol information \
from the MSNPiki : http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/Main_Page

The MSNPiki has documented the protocols from v8 to v15. I assume that you have used \
Wireshark (formerly Ethereal) to sniff the hashes, because the syntax is decodable \
only using this tool.

Refer http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/MSN_Protocol_Version_15

You can also check out the Tweener SSO feature at the MSNPiki.

If you understand the protocol carefully, and see the authentication, you can extend \
hydra with your own MSNP(version X) module :)

HTH, Cheers !
Kish

 --
Kishore Parthasarathy,
Penetration Tester, Smart Security,

Phone: 91 98841 80767

--
Trust everyone just don't trust the devil inside 'em
--- Italian Job, 2003