List:       pen-test
Subject:    Re: SAP - Remote Function Call (RFC) hacking
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mariano_Nu=F1ez_Di_Croce?=" <mnunezdicroce () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-18 16:16:14

Hey Rex,

 As you have mentioned (thanks for the kudos), I have conducted a
blackbox assessment of the SAP RFC interface a while ago, which result
was the
"Attacking the Giants: Exploiting SAP Internals" whitepaper
(http://www.cybsec.com/upload/bh-eu-07-nunez-di-croce-WP_paper.pdf).
 In this paper I have detailed different attack vectors against SAP
Application Servers, as well as External Servers working with the RFC
Library.

 As a result, I have developed sapyto, an opensource SAP Penetration
Testing Framework (http://www.cybsec.com/vuln/tools/sapyto.tgz).
 sapyto is a plugin-based architecture and the current available
version (0.93) was shipped with the following ones:

 Audit:
 . RFC ping
 . Registration of External Servers (checking Gateway security)
 . Detection of RFCEXEC.
 . Detection of SAPXPG.
 . Get system information through RFC_SYSTEM_INFO.
 . Get External Server documentation.

 Attack:
 . Execute remote os commands through RFCEXEC.
 . Execute remote os commands through SAPXPG.
 . StickShell (block connections from other clients).
 . EvilTwin (registers a twin registered server, hijacking RFC calls
and for callback attacks)
 . Get remote RFCShell (purely RFC-based os commanding)

 Tools:
 . RFC password obfuscator/de-obfuscator

 Regarding practical experience, I can tell you that we use sapyto in
our SAP pentest projects and we have been able to penetrate the
systems many
times...

 Hope this helps,

Mariano Nuņez Di Croce