List:       pecl-dev
Subject:    [PECL-DEV] PECL Account Request: dmitrykoterov
From:       Dmitry Koterov <dmitry.koterov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-22 19:25:15

Requested from:   188.32.119.77
Username:         dmitrykoterov
Real Name:        Dmitry Koterov
Email:            dmitry.koterov@gmail.com (hide address)
Need php.net Account: yes
Purpose:
I&#039;d like to publish a new extension: dom_varimport. It works in production for
monthes already.

Dom_varimport is a simple PHP extension to convert nested arrays into DOMDocument
with minimum CPU and time consumption.

Some of projects use XSLT as a templating engine. To build XML for such engines,
we need a very fast and memory efficient way to convert PHP nested arrays and
objects into DOMDocument object. Also, produced XML should be straight-forward
and as simple as it could be (BTW XMLRPC, SOAP and other XML-based formats are quite
sloppy in this case). So dom_varimport has been introduced: it produces DOMDocument
from a nested array near 20 times faster than a hand-made code in native PHP
(1 MB XML with thousands of nodes could be generated in 1-2 ms).

Code, tests, samples:
https://github.com/DmitryKoterov/dom_varimport

Sponsor:
Johannes Schlüter from pecl-dev

To handle: http://pecl.php.net/admin/?acreq=dmitrykoterov

More info:
My name is Dmitry Koterov, I am programming for last 15 years in PHP, C++, Perl, \
Python, Java etc. I wrote a couple of thick books about PHP which were published in \
Russia and USA. My GitHub repository: https://github.com/DmitryKoterov/