List:       pecl-dev
Subject:    [PECL-DEV] php_xxtea: a library that implements the XXTEA encryption algorithm
From:       61.149.90.251
Date:       2007-03-31 13:28:05

My friend andot wrote a PECL called php_xxtea in last summer. But for
some reason, such as license, this library was not published until now.

I also wrote a PEAR package Crypt_XXTEA in last summer (earlier than the
library). It is an PHP implementation of XXTEA encryption algorithm. So
its efficiency is not satisfied. And then, my friend wrote this PECL
library to improve the performance.

These two program are both for PEAR package PHPRPC which has been in the
"Proposed" section for a longtime and will support the coming PHPRPC 3.0
specification. This encryption algorithm will be used in PHPRPC for
transferring data in security.

The source code of this library is now available at:
http://www.phprpc.org/pecl/xxtea-1.0.2.zip

This library is licensed under the the PHP License, version 3.01.

I'm looking forward to your opinion.