List:       pear-general
Subject:    [PEAR] Auth package bug or documentation issue?
From:       "Denis Gerasimov" <denis.gerasimov () vekos ! ru>
Date:       2004-09-29 8:26:58

Hello all,

I got a very strange behavior of getAuthData() method of Auth class.

I tried to follow the example given here:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.authentication.auth-http.auth-http.exa
mple2.php but any kind of calls like $objAuth->getAuthData() or
$objAuth->getAuthData('id') etc. returned no result (null value or empty
array).

Then I dug a little in the sources and found that there is an error in the
example code, the line

  'dbFields'=>"*",                // enabling fetch for other db columns

have to be

  'db_fields' => '*'              // enabling fetch for other db columns

I changed this line but this didn't help me at all.
After some time spent I tried to insert this call before getAuthData():

  $objAuth->storage->fetchData($objAuth->username, $objAuth->password);

and that resolved the problem. I am really not sure that this is the right
way; please, anybody explain me what goes on.

My configuration:
OS: Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Web server: Apache 2.0.50
PHP: PHP 5.0.1
Auth, Auth_HTTP, DB etc.: latest versions

Best regards, Denis Gerasimov
Outsourcing Services Manager,
VEKOS, Ltd.
www.vekos.ru