List:       pear-general
Subject:    [PEAR] Advice needed: best installation strategy with CVS
From:       203.192.141.38
Date:       2003-10-31 1:50:44

Hi all,

I'm need of some advice about the best strategy for installing PEAR what
should be a fairly common environment.

We currently have a development server, a staging server and three
production servers (all *nix) working from code based in a common CVS
repository. We would also like to include the PEAR modules that we use in
this repository to ensure PEAR version consistency across all our servers.

My current thinking is that I simply need to install all the modules
manually, but can see module inter-dependencies causing headaches in the
future. I was hoping that the PEAR command-line installer had some way of
specifying a directory to install in.

Is this possible? Has anyone else operating in a similar environment got any
little gems of advice to share?

Thanks in advance,

Al