List:       pear-general
Subject:    [PEAR] Rules disappear
From:       Brad Hubbard <brad () congosystems ! com>
Date:       2003-09-11 22:10:08

I have a perplexing (to me anyway :-P ) problem.

In one of my forms I add a rule just before the call to ->display().

If I dump the form after the display call I get;

["_rules"]=>
  array(1) {
    ["form_card_to"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      array(5) {
        ["type"]=>
        string(8) "required"
        ["format"]=>
        string(0) ""
        ["message"]=>
        string(30) "Please enter a recipient name."
        ["validation"]=>
        string(6) "server"
        ["reset"]=>
        bool(false)
      }
    }
  }

If I dump the form after it has been submitted I get;

["_rules"]=>
  array(0) {
  }

and of course the rule is not applied.

The only thing thing I'm doing that I don't normally do is that this is
a custom form and I have called clearAllTemplates().

I'm stumped.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Cheers,
Brad