List:       pear-general
Subject:    Re: [PEAR] QuickForm - how object oriented is it?
From:       Brad Hubbard <brad () congosystems ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 23:14:56

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 09:38, Bertrand Mansion wrote:
> <martijnsanderse@yahoo.com> wrote :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Another day, another question:
> > I got two instances of the formobject, first one is shown first. When I do a
> > query using the data of the first form and it gives multiple results I'd
> > like the second form to show that results so i'm able to choose from it,
> > and submit.
> > I have both forms in a file and choose whichone to show by either
> > $form1->display() or $form2->display(). Works ok, but:
> >
> > When I ask $form2->getSubmitValues(); I get the submitValues of $form1....
> >
> > Is this a known issue, or does my programming skills need an update on
> > object-oriented programming?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you want to do.
> You can have a look at the QuickForm examples in the docs directory.
> GetSubmitValues() as the name says gets the submitted values. So if it's
> form1 that is submitted, the you will get the submitted values from form1.

He wants to populate the second form object with the results from the
first Bertrand, then be able to submit the second. Kind of cascading
forms.

I've done similar work Martijn, if you send me the code I'll see what I
can work out. If it involves a database you might want to send me the
schema too.

Cheers,
Brad