List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Doc #21115 [NEW]: Where to install to
From:       "Sam at SamHobbs dot org" <pear-doc () lists ! php ! net>
Date:       2016-09-12 6:46:47

From:             samhobbs
Operating system: Windows 10
Package version:
PHP version:      Irrelevant
Package:          Documentation
Bug Type:         Documentation Problem
Bug description:  Where to install to

------------
I am using PHP Version 7.0.7.

I apologize if it is inappropriate to submit this as a bug. I am not really
asking for help, I am suggesting that perhaps the documentation of how to
install Pear needs improvement.

After installing Pear, I tried to install VLD and got:

C:\Windows\system32>pecl install channel://pecl.php.net/vld-0.13.0
downloading vld-0.13.0.tgz ...
Starting to download vld-0.13.0.tgz (17,547 bytes)
......done: 17,547 bytes
11 source files, building
WARNING: php_bin C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.0\php.exe appears to have a suffix
.exe, but config variable php_suffix does not match
ERROR: The DSP vld.dsp does not exist.

So I am not sure, but I probably used the wrong prefix for installing Pear.
I get the impression I should have used "C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.0" for the
prefix, or something close to that. I will try to figure it out but perhaps
the documentation should be revised.

Note that to install Pear I used the go-pear.phar script from the file in
this web site, not from PHP.

--
Edit bug report at https://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=21115&edit=1