List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] Please test PhD_PEAR changes in SVN
From:       Alexey Borzov <borz_off () cs ! msu ! su>
Date:       2012-02-04 19:29:03

Hi,

I finally found a bit of time to work on PhD_PEAR.

I've committed a first set of changes, they mostly deal with generating valid HTML5:
  * Doctype is now HTML5
  * Fixed (most of) deprecated tags
  * Removed a lot of overridden methods in Package_PEAR_XHTML so that parent
implementations are used. This fixes e.g. tables rendering (proper colspan /
rowspan attributes)
  * Changed paragraph outputting logic, <p> tag is now properly closed before
block-level tags and reopened after these only if there is additional content
available. This is a bit of a hack unfortunately, but the other approach
requires adding even more overridden methods.

Please test current SVN version of PhD_PEAR and tell me of the stuff that is
currently broken there and stuff that isn't valid HTML5.