List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PECL-BUG] Doc #14838 [Opn->Bgs]: Manual should link to channel server software
From:       johannes () schlueters ! de
Date:       2010-08-05 21:01:40

Edit report at http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14838&edit=1

 ID:          14838
 Updated by:  johannes@schlueters.de
 Reported By: brett dot bieber at gmail dot com
 Id:          14838
 Type:        Documentation Problem
 Package:     Documentation
 PHP Version: 5_3 CVS-2008-03-16
 New Comment:

See http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14838

Previous Comments:

[2008-11-17 16:06:21] cweiske at php dot net

I added a section about channel server software to the manual. The
channels/ should link to the manual, though.

[2008-10-25 23:43:06] daniel dot oconnor at gmail dot com

What about improving http://pear.php.net/channels/ instead?

Not so much a manual entry but a short cheat sheet type deal.

Things like:
 * Channels known by pear
 * How to set up a channel server
 * How do I discover a channel

[2008-10-20 11:53:46] brett dot bieber at gmail dot com

We should make it a lot easier to find channel server software, if
inclusion within pear isn't possible for developers.

But, we should emphasize that people first try and get their package
within PEAR - if that isn't feasible, create your own channel.

I'd like to avoid a channel explosion where every channel has only one
package... and they're poor quality, or could just as easily have been
included within the default channel(s).