List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Req #2390 [Opn->Csd]: RSS Feed for PEAR Documentation Index
From:       cweiske () php ! net
Date:       2009-10-13 18:30:41

Edit report at http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=2390&edit=1

 ID:               2390
 Updated by:       cweiske@php.net
 Reported By:      justin at woodsmedia dot com
 Type:             Feature/Change Request
 Package:          Documentation
 Operating System: n/a
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      cweiske
 Roadmap Versions:
 New Comment:

-Assigned To:
+Assigned To: cweiske
PhD 0.9.x in svn contains now Toc Feeds. pearweb has been modified to
display additional headers. Every manual page has a "Live Bookmarks"
feed now (in svn); not live yet.

Previous Comments:

[2008-06-01 08:41:31] saltybeagle

This may be easy to achieve with PhD. Let's try and keep track of this
for something when we move to the new build system.

[2008-05-11 12:15:50] techtonik

Can you provide an example? I do not remember any RSS feeds with tree
structure. It would be just a plain list of headers down to some level.

[2006-02-18 08:30:59] pajoye

move to documentaion.

[2005-05-30 09:23:37] lists at norbert dot mocsnik dot hu

As a member of the documentation team, I'd love this feature too. It
doesn't have to be generated on the fly, instead it can be a static file
generated with the documentation once per week, on Sundays.

On the other hand, if everyone starts fetching this feed, it might
increase server load. I don't know how the different RSS readers cache
feeds.

[2004-09-24 10:04:47] justin at woodsmedia dot com

It would be pretty neat if the top level of the PEAR documentation was
available as an RSS feed. Then people would have an always up-to-date
index of the documentation. It would be especially useful with Firefox's
new Live Bookmarks feature.

Thanks so much!