List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Bug #16607 [Opn->Csd]: Installation guidelines instruct you to use command tha
From:       brett.bieber () gmail ! com
Date:       2009-09-14 18:17:49

Edit report at http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=16607&edit=1

 ID:               16607
 Updated by:       brett.bieber@gmail.com
 Reported By:      david at azexis dot com
 Type:             Bug
 Package:          Documentation
 PHP Version:      5.2.5
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      saltybeagle
 Roadmap Versions:
 New Comment:

-Assigned To:
+Assigned To: saltybeagle
This bug has been fixed in SVN.

If this was a documentation problem, the fix will appear on
pear.php.net by the end of next Sunday (CET).

If this was a problem with the pear.php.net website, the change should
be live shortly.

Otherwise, the fix will appear in the package's next release.

Thank you for the report and for helping us make PEAR better.

Previous Comments:

[2009-09-14 20:15:52] #2d3e65996ad16deb077

------------
(PHP version actually 5.2.10 - not listed above for some reason)

1. Goto
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/guide.users.commandline.channels.php

2. Goto section "Channel Discovery"

3. Find instruction >>> pear channel-discover http://pear.phpunit.de

This fails if you copy/paste it into prompt on Windows XP for v5.2.10
of PHP.

Pear automatically prefixs location with http:// so command is
interpreted as "pear channel-discover http://http://pear.phpunit.de" and
fails.

As an aside, I would say the pear command should probably handle
complete urls.  I don't have latest version of pear installed though, so
I won't open a new bug report for this in case it's already been fixed.