List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PECL-BUG] Req #12461 [Com]: Pb with go-pear.php doesn't respond
From:       "sramu at collabcon dot com" <pear-doc () lists ! php ! net>
Date:       2009-09-02 18:31:43

Edit report at http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=12461&edit=1

 ID:               12461
 Comment by:       sramu at collabcon dot com
 Reported By:      laurent dot dirion at free dot fr
 Id:               12461
 Type:             Feature/Change Request
 Package:          Documentation
 Operating System: WIN XP SP2
 PHP Version:      5.2.3
 New Comment:

Hi,

Thanks in advance. I need some help with installing PEAR on my local
machine. I already installed apache. I can install php 5.2, but how do I
do install PEAR while using the installer program. It is driving me
crazy.

Thanks

Previous Comments:

[2008-01-01 08:42:16] wiesemann at php dot net

No feedback to Carsten's explainations => new status "No Feedback"

[2007-11-16 13:01:51] carsten_sttgt at gmx dot de

> I have manually execute the batch file located in
> c:\php\go-pear.bat. Finally I have add the
> installation path to my PATH environment by run
> (double-click) the newly generated PEAR_ENV.reg.

So you have now a working PEAR installation.

| After that, to update my PEAR installation from
| go-pear.org, I request http://go-pear.org/ in my
| browser and save the output to a local file
| go-pear.php in c:\Php.

The downloaded "go-pear.php", want's to do the same as "go-pear.bat":
Install a new PEAR.

If you want upgrade PEAR, use the PEAR Cli:
| c:
| cd \php
| pear list-upgrades

Now you can see for which packages upgrades are availible.

With:
| pear upgrade Pkg_Name
you can upgrade a single package.

With:
| pear upgrade-all
you can upgrade all installed packages.

Regards,
Carsten

[2007-11-16 11:22:18] laurent dot dirion at free dot fr

------------
After installing apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl,
php-5.2.3-win32-installer with extra pear install,
I have manually execute the batch file located in c:\php\go-pear.bat.
Finally I have add the installation path to my PATH environment by run
(double-click) the newly generated PEAR_ENV.reg.
After that, to update my PEAR installation from go-pear.org, I request
http://go-pear.org/ in my browser and save the output to a local file
go-pear.php in c:\Php.
Then I run php go-pear.php in a Windows Command Prompt to start the
update process

But this process is never ending...
Please, is there any body to help me, it makes me crazy :o(

Test script:
---------------
C:\PHP>php go-pear.php

Expected result:
----------------
Below the screen copy of windows command :

Welcome to go-pear!

Go-pear will install the 'pear' command and all the files needed by
it.  This command is your tool for PEAR installation and maintenance.

Use 'php go-pear.php local' to install a local copy of PEAR.

Go-pear also lets you download and install the PEAR packages bundled
with PHP: MDB2.

If you wish to abort, press Control-C now, or press Enter to continue:

HTTP proxy (http://user:password@proxy.myhost.com:port), or Enter for
none::

Below is a suggested file layout for your new PEAR installation.  To
change individual locations, type the number in front of the
directory.  Type 'all' to change all of them or simply press Enter to
accept these locations.

 1. Installation prefix           : C:\PHP
 2. Binaries directory            : $prefix
 3. PHP code directory ($php_dir) : $prefix\pear
 4. Documentation base directory  : $php_dir\docs
 5. Data base directory           : $php_dir\data
 6. Tests base directory          : $php_dir\tests
 7. Temporary files directory     : $prefix\temp
 8. php.exe path                  : c:\php\php.exe

1-8, 'all' or Enter to continue:

The following PEAR packages are bundled with PHP: MDB2.
Would you like to install these as well? [Y/n] : n

Downloading package: PEAR-stable......ok
Downloading package: Archive_Tar-stable....ok
Downloading package: Console_Getopt-stable....ok
Downloading package: Structures_Graph-stable....ok
Bootstrapping: PEAR...................(remote) ok
Bootstrapping: Archive_Tar............(remote) ok
Bootstrapping: Console_Getopt.........(remote) ok
Extracting installer..................ok
pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >= 1.4.0)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/PEAR_Frontend_Web" (version
>= 0.5.0)

pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/PEAR_Frontend_Gtk" (version