List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] unable to run make-partial.php
From:       "Thomas Anderson" <zelnaga () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-07 21:48:53

When I try to run "make-partial.php INCLUDE="packages package.database""*, I
get this:

------------------------------------

Warning: The readline extension could not be found!
Usage: make-partial.php [--format <format>] [--include <section1>]
[--include <section2>] ...
       make-partial.php --help

  --format <format>     Which format to build. Can be one of 'html',
'pearweb'.  Default is 'html'.
  --include <section>   Automatically include certain sections of the manual
without asking for them explicitely.  This also works on setups where the
readline extension is not available.
  --help                Prints this help text.

Exiting because no --include parameters were specified.

According to that, "--include <section>" "works on setups where the readline
extension is not available".  But when I try it, it doesn't.  Is the help in
error or am I?

*Here's where I got that command from:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/developers.documentation.php#developers.documentation.testing.partial

(scroll down past the big gray box)