List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Doc #12000 [NEW]: Remove PECL documentation from PEAR manual
From:       "philip at roshambo dot org" <pear-doc () lists ! php ! net>
Date:       2007-09-07 6:44:25

From:             philip
Operating system: Irrelevant
Package version:
PHP version:      Irrelevant
Package:          Documentation
Bug Type:         Documentation Problem
Bug description:  Remove PECL documentation from PEAR manual

------------
The PECL Documentation should be deleted from the PEAR website (manual)...
it's been a long time. I suggest deleting them all (including the
translations) after dealing with the following possible remaining issues:

1. PostgreSQL Session Save Handler

This appears completely dead. I would rather not see this in the official
documentation either. If this wants to be reborn then it should have a page
at pecl.php.net

2. SPPLUS Payment System

Not sure about this one, but the part about needing to find kit_php looks
sketchy. Regardless, by the looks of it this does not work. I would rather
not see this in the official documentation either.

3. Everything else and more

All the others are in the official documentation. My initial thought was
to simply remove it all, that's it, but to be a little more friendly it
might be wise to setup error handlers for anything beginning with pecl in
the manual web pages and redirect these to an informative web page on the
pear site that says everything was moved, etc. I doubt many people link
here (they shouldn't) but you never really truly know.

--.
This text has been sitting in my inbox for quite some time (and was
forgotten) so I may be missing/forgetting something but appear not to be...
so am posting it here now.

--
Edit bug report at http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=12000&edit=1