List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Bug #7711 [NEW]: Broken links to fetchOne, fetchAll etc in MDB2 documentation
From:       "clark at thirteen dot net" <pear-doc () lists ! php ! net>
Date:       2006-05-23 21:34:05

From:             clark at thirteen dot net
Operating system: All
Package version:
PHP version:      Irrelevant
Package:          Documentation
Bug Type:         Bug
Bug description:  Broken links to fetchOne, fetchAll etc in MDB2 documentation

------------
On this page in the documentation for MDB2,

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.mdb2.intro-fetch.php

The links to documentation for the functions fetchOne(),  fetchRow(),
fetchCol() and fetchAll() are all broken. There are several other linked
function names that don't work either.

They all link to
http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2/docs/latest/apidoc/MDB2/MDB2_Result_Common.html

It looks like they really should link to

http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2/docs/latest/MDB2/MDB2_Result_Common.html

(take out the apidoc directory)

Also, the first mention of them says they are part of the
MDB2_Result_Common object; the second mention says that fetchOne and
fetchAll are in the MDB2_Driver_Common object.

Neither class has any documentation that I can find by searching the site
(using Yahoo) but they do appear to exist, as you can find them by
removing the apidoc dir from the url.

Test script:
Reproduce:

Open a Web browser to

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.mdb2.intro-fetch.php

Click on just about any of the linked function names.

Expected result:
The links should take me to the appropriate documentation.

Actual result: