List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Req #5023 [Opn->Csd]: No documentation for joinAs for method joinAdd?
From:       arnaud () php ! net
Date:       2006-03-20 20:34:05

Edit report at http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=5023&edit=1

 ID:               5023
 Updated by:       arnaud@php.net
 Reported By:      info at pdxi dot net
 Id:               5023
 Type:             Feature/Change Request
 Package:          Documentation
 Operating System: n/a
 PHP Version:      4.3.11
 New Comment:

Hello,

This bug is pretty old so I assume this explanation is what you were
looking for at the time

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.db-dataobject.db-dataobject.joinadd.php

Previous Comments:

[2005-08-10 06:06:30] mj at php dot net

For the records:  This bug refers to DB_DataObject.

[2005-08-08 03:39:49] info at pdxi dot net

------------
I remember that I could use joinAdd() to join two tables, and set the
joinAs variable to prepend the second table's fieldnames. Such as
this:

$one = new first_table;
$two = new second_table;
$one->joinAdd($two, "two_%s");

I used to be able to prepend the field names of the second table with
"two_", and now I can't. I don't know why.

Apparently the arguments for the joinAdd method have changed. I want to
figure out how to use this method, and how I can get results similar to
what I got with earlier versions, but there's no documentation
regarding the joinAs variable of joinAdd.

I'm in the dark. Can you please describe this further?

Thank you for the great work. I've been using DB_DataObject for over a
year, and I think it's the best database abstraction library that I've
come across.

Regards,
Jeff