List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PECL-BUG] Bug #5486 [Asn->Fbk]: DB_DataObject 'class_prefix' configuration option is man
From:       alan () akbkhome ! com
Date:       2005-10-25 4:37:16

Edit report at http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=5486&edit=1

 ID:          5486
 Updated by:  alan@akbkhome.com
 Reported By: roger at ecstatic dot com
 Type:        Bug
 Package:     Documentation
 PHP Version: 4.3.11
 Assigned To: alan_k
 New Comment:

The code should cope with empty class_prefixes..

- I could not see why it should segfault, it's probably worth trying
with overloading disabled. - and see what happens.

Previous Comments:

[2005-09-21 23:36:02] roger at ecstatic dot com

------------
I want my persistent classes to have the same names as
the underlying tables, so I set 'class_prefix' to the
empty string.  This works great...except that I happen
to have a table called 'Factory'.  Calling
DB_DataObject::Factory() with an argument of 'Factory'
causes a segmentation fault.  :-(

In the discussion for bug #3256, I see a
reference to this being a design decision.  Fair enough;
but it's not made explicit in the documentation.

See bug #5484 for DB_DataObject.