List:       pear-doc
Subject:    [PEAR-DOC] [PEAR-BUG] Bug #4469 [NEW]: Wrong URL in English Windows CHM file
From:       "dotnet2 at hotmail dot com" <pear-doc () lists ! php ! net>
Date:       2005-05-29 20:16:08

From:             dotnet2 at hotmail dot com
Operating system: Windows XP Pro
PHP version:      4.3.8
Package:          Documentation
Bug Type:         Bug
Bug description:  Wrong URL in English Windows CHM file

------------
The link in the text "There also exists a somewhat bigger tutorial on
QuickForm usage made by Keith Edmunds. " in the English (I don't speak any
other languages so I haven't tried the others) points to
http://www.linuxbackup.co.uk/quickform which is a 404. Actually that
domain doesn't exist publicly.

The hyperlink in your online text points to
http://www.thelinuxconsultancy.co.uk/quickform.php which is valid.

Please correct the link in the English .CHM download.

Reproduce code:
---------------
1. Download PEAR English .CHM documentation
2. Open the .CHM on a Windows machine.
3. Click "Packages" -> "HTML" -> HTML_QuickForm -> QuickStart
4. Click the hyperlink " a somewhat bigger tutorial" and observe the
error.
5. In the internal browser, right-click and select "Properties" to see the
bad URL's properties and notice it says that the URL it was trying to go to
is "http://www.linuxbackup.co.uk/quickform"

End.

Expected result:
Browser opening to http://www.thelinuxconsultancy.co.uk/quickform.php