List:       pear-doc
Subject:    phpDOcumentor development update
From:       "Greg Beaver" <greg () chiaraquartet ! net>
Date:       2002-12-22 2:29:20

Hello,

phpDocumentor development is proceeding faster than usual.  In the past
week, the PDFdefaultConverter has been moved over to use Smarty templates.
In order to make this possible, a text-based system of calling the Cezpdf
functions had to be created, so I wrote a parser that looks for <text>
any method of Cezpdf, and thereby do low-level pdf output like vector
graphics straight from the source.  It's a simple solution that allows
flexibility as Cezpdf is expanded to include other features.  For the first
time, the default PDF Converter can move from the pre-alpha stage to
near-beta stage, as all features are implemented and it has been tested.

The implementation of tutorials for both HTML and PDF converters is
complete, example output from the current cvs, as always, is at
http://www.joshuaeichorn.com/~CelloG/out  There is one known bug in the
tutorial conversion that has to do with certain tutorials being generated
twice, and that will be worked out shortly.

Next on the list is making the docbook converter output successful.  I am
going to slow WAY down in development speed in about 3 days, for obvious
reasons.  However, after that time, my real job will take full priority, and
development will slow quite a bit.  Anyone who wishes to help complete the
next release, please contact Josh Eichorn at jeichorn@phpdoc.org

So, unfortunately, there will be no release by Christmas, but we are very
close.

Take care,
Greg
--