List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] Re: PEAR Internationalization Package
From:       Michael Gauthier <mike () silverorange ! com>
Date:       2010-01-15 14:51:31

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 10:12 +0200, Stelian Mocanita wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> I am aware of the PHP Internationalization extension, however I had in mind
> the people already using the pear package in applications and could not
> afford re-writing parts of the application tu use the native extensive.
> However, if you consider that are more important packages that need fresh
> blood, please point some out. What I am interested in is helping out the
> community as I have been using PEAR for a lot of time and it's high time I
> gave something back.
>
> I could start with the I18Nv2 package and take on other challenges as soon
> as I see how everything works there.
>
> I have applied for an account on the pear website and as soon as it is ready
> I will apply for an SVN account from PHP. Meanwhile I will dipp into the
> existing issues to have something until the processing is done.

Hi Stelian,

It sounds like you want to maintain I18Nv2 for the right reasons. I've
approved your account and set you as maintainer of I18Nv2. You'll still
need a PHP svn account before you can commit changes. You can apply for
one at http://php.net/svn-php.php. In the intended purpose box, enter
"Maintain the I18Nv2 PEAR package."

Once you've got your SVN account, email your SVN user id to
pear-group@php.net and you'll be given access to the I18Nv2 code.

Let us know if you have any questions about maintainership, or trouble
getting a SVN account.

Cheers,

Mike