List:       pear-dev
Subject:    [PEAR-DEV] Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: [PEAR-DEV] Tagging releases
From:       Johannes =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schl=FCter?= <johannes () php ! net>
Date:       2009-07-24 20:54:36

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 15:00 -0400, Gwynne Raskind wrote:
> And I'm happy to announce that this is now fixed; creation of tags is
> now allowed. This comes alongside a bit of an overhaul of the entire
> set of hook scripts. See http://news.php.net/php.cvs/59765 if you're
> desperately curious :).

I'm not that curious that I read the read the code but curious enough to
ask: What happens if one figures out that a (freshly set) tag is wrong
(maybe missing a file or something) and a re-tag is required? May I
delete the tag and then set it again? - This should be mentioned in the
README.RELEASE_PROCESS, maybe (Yes, the need should never be there but
well, you know ;-))

johannes