List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] PEAR installer and the PHP dep
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Helgi_=DEormar_=DEorbj=F6rnsson?=" <helgith () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 16:12:08

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Stefan Walk <stefan.walk@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=ubuntu the release that
>> was mentioned before is like 4 releases old!! :o
>
> You're comparing apples and oranges here, the 6.06 release is a LTS release
> (meaning 3 years of updates for clients and 5 years for servers), so you'll
> see that one around until june 2011. The next LTS release was 8.04, so 4
> months ago 6.06 was the "current" long term support release, so there's no
> reason to be surprised it has this kind of market share ;)

Well those are anyway the people that would only install pear packages
if they are in the apt-get or yum repo of said distro I believe ;-)
At least kinda breaks the whole methology if they use the pear
installer which does not preserve the same .... "oldness" :P

Weird LTS and so on IMHO ;)

Regards
Helgi