List:       pear-dev
Subject:    [PEAR-DEV] Re: Please update package.xml to version 2 by September 1st, 2008
From:       "Brett Bieber" <brett.bieber () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-22 18:30:58

Hi Laurent!

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Laurent Laville
<pear@laurent-laville.org> wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
>> All packages should upgrade their package.xml to version two or place
>> a second package2.xml file along their existing package.xml - and
>> upload a new release.
>
> Is there exception for package that are superseced ?

I would say, superseded packages that are officially NOT maintained do
not need to be updated, nor will QA update these... specifically I'm
thinking of PHPUnit & PHPUnit2 on pear.php.net.

These packages are few and far between, but this is a good question to
ask so we can make that point clear. HTML_Progress should be updated
because it is maintained for security and bug fixes.

Good question Laurent.

--
Brett Bieber

http://saltybeagle.com/