List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] [PEPr] +1 for Images::Puzzle
From:       bertrand Gugger <bertrand () toggg ! com>
Date:       2006-02-27 9:49:02

Mark Wiesemann wrote:

> bertrand Gugger wrote:
>
>> So, I made wrong releases number myself.
>> Where is it defined that 0.0.1 is not valid for an alpha ?
>> I can't find it in the guidelines.
>

> http://pear.php.net/group/docs/20040226-vn.php
>
> Quote: "The version number must be greater or equal than 0.1.0"
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Ah ... thanks, I did not think of looking in "The PEAR Group".

However, if you look in the accepted RFC
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=65
0.0.x is possible for packages in proposal stage.

It's usefull, as it allows proposers to have their own, pre-acceptation,
release cycle.

Should not this Pear Group rule be actualized ?

It would also be nice to update the manual guidelines , at least to
refer to these fundaments.

Regards
--
toggg