List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: [PEAR-DEV] in search for XML-RPC developers/maintainers contact
From:       Joe Stump <joe () joestump ! net>
Date:       2005-08-29 14:48:23

> If I understand this correctly authors of original code do not get
> appreciation of their work on PEAR web-pages if they are not lead
> developers. Also docblocks contain only strings @author instead of
> @lead or @maintainer, so even if the person didn't written the code
> and just incorporates patches (which can be provided, BTW, by other
> people in most cases). I.e. docblocks make maintainers and lead
> developers the same as authors, but without writing too much. Lead
> and maintainer names are on the site, but authors can easily be
> forgotten.
> Is that ok?

I can't speak for other developers, but what I did with Net_Curl when
I took it over was to put my name below the two past maintainers in
the main docblock. The list in package.xml is <maintainers></
maintainers> not <authors></authors> so I removed them (as they are
no longer maintaining Net_Curl), however, they are still in the code
as being others of Net_Curl.

Also, I believe, the 2.0 version of package.xml provides some relief
for such problems.

--Joe