List:       pear-dev
Subject:    [PEAR-DEV] CRITICALLY IMPORTANT: fix your package.xml or PEAR will not be able
From:       66.65.39.8
Date:       2005-02-25 22:47:39

Hi,

If existing releases have invalid characters (non-latin characters) in
their maintainers names, PEAR 1.4.0a1 under PHP 5 *will not install
them*.  I will open bugs for every package that I see, but I am not only
non-superhuman, I know have a cold which is not helping.  If you know
that your package has this problem, it is crucial to pull the release
and upload a new one with the special characters either entitied or
removed altogether.

Please don't complain to me if you get a flood of bugs because people
can't install your package if this is the reason.

Greg