List:       pear-dev
Subject:    [PEAR-DEV] [MDB2] stored procedures
From:       62.202.19.145
Date:       2004-09-30 11:17:59

Hi,

recently I had a request on adding a method that abstracts fetching of
result sets returned by a stored procedure (with imlementations provided
for mssql and pgsql). While looking for a place for the code I was
wondering if it doesnt make sense to add a separate module with methods
that abstract various ways to call stored procedures and handling of
return values. Abstracting the actual stored procedures is however
beyond the scope (abstracting comming sql functions may however may be
feasible). That would require someone diving into MetaL or something :-)
(yeah I know I have been talking about this myself a year or two ago,
but I doubt its going to happen).

Anyways are there people using MDB2 (or MDB for that matter) with stored
procedures and have any wishes in this regard? Personally I have gotten
around using stored procedures so I dont really know that well what
users might expect.

regards,
Lukas