List:       pear-dev
Subject:    [PEAR-DEV] Re: [PEAR][ANNOUNCEMENT] PEAR-1.3b1 (beta) Released.
From:       Greg Beaver <greg () chiaraquartet ! net>
Date:       2003-09-29 17:16:40

Hi Klaus,

These features are useful - but only possible if the PEAR core starts
using error codes, as otherwise there is no way to determine what the
error message returned from downloading means.  I have just written a
fix for the preferred_state bug that uses an error code, and the rest of
the core will have to migrate to this usage before anything as smart as
your example can happen :)

Greg