List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] Bug #17994: --with-pear ignored if --disable-cli is
From:       "Tomas V.V.Cox" <cox () idecnet ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 12:03:54

Martin Jansen wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2002 12:51:49 -0000, cox@idecnet.com wrote:
>
> >From:             cox@idecnet.com
> >Operating system: Linux
> >PHP version:      4.0CVS-2002-06-26
> >PHP Bug Type:     PEAR related
> >Bug description:  --with-pear ignored if --disable-cli is specified
> >
> >If you specify --with-pear and --disable-cli PEAR gets silently not
> >installed. Could be nice if the make system could detect such dependency
> >problem and throw some error.
>
> It would be wise to classify this bug as a Build problem instead of a
> PEAR related one. Right now, noone on php-dev, who is not reading
> pear-dev also, will ever notice your request.

The php-dev guys told me to classify this problem as PEAR related or
mail directly Stig with that. AFAIU (as far as I understood) they are
not going no fix that and I'm tired to see my bugs report being marked
arbitrary as bogus when most of them are actually bugs and gets finally
reopened/fixed.

Tomas V.V.Cox