List:       pdns-users
Subject:    [Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative 4.3.0 first release candidate
From:       Erik Winkels via Pdns-users <pdns-users () mailman ! powerdns ! com>
Date:       2020-03-18 14:17:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello!

(via: https://blog.powerdns.com/2020/03/18/powerdns-authoritative-4-3-0-first-release-candidate/ \
)

We are proud to announce the first, and hopefully last, release candidate of what \
should become PowerDNS Authoritative 4.3.0. So far this is mostly a maintenance \
release, but there are a few interesting changes. A lot of internals have been \
reworked, with some visible changes for users[1].

Due to a bug found in 4.3.0-beta2 right -after- we tagged RC1, this first release \
candidate, confusingly, is called RC2 in package versions.

If you read the upgrading notes for beta1, please see them again for an important \
change in NSEC(3) TTLs handling[2] in beta2.

A notable new feature in 4.3 is support for hiding DNSSEC keys, which makes it \
possible to do algorithm rollovers. This feature was contributed by Robin Geuze of \
TransIP, thanks! Another interesting new feature is support for automatically \
publishing CDS/CDNSKEY records with a single `pdns.conf` setting.

Please note that 4.3.0 comes with a **mandatory database schema upgrade**.

Please see the changelog[3] for an almost complete list of changes since the last \
4.2.x release.

We want to thank everyone that contributed to this and earlier releases, and invite \
you to contribute to the testing of this beta release!

The tarball[4] (signature[5]) is available at downloads.powerdns.com; packages for \
CentOS 6, 7 and 8, Debian Stretch and Buster, and Ubuntu Xenial and Bionic are \
available from repo.powerdns.com.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list[6], or in \
case of a bug, via GitHub[7].

[1] https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/upgrading.html#x-to-4-3-0
[2] https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/dnssec/operational.html#dnssec-ttl-notes
[3] https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.3.html#change-4.3.0-rc2