List:       pdns-users
Subject:    [Pdns-users] Load balance NAPTR responses
From:       Jonathan Hunter <hunterj91 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-28 19:58:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Guys,
Hope all are well?
I have implemented powerdns as a ENUM server, so it has a MySQL (Percona DB) which \
delivers NAPTR records when queried and this works really well. We do however have an \
issue, wonder if anyone had worked around. We have a number of NAPTR records which \
have the same order_value and preference, so in affect they are tied (due to \
costings), an example being;

5.4.8.3.4.4.6.4.5.7.4.4.e164.domain. 120 IN NAPTR 76 1 "U" "E2U+sip" \
"!^(.*)$!sip:*311*+\\1@8.8.8.8!" .5.4.8.3.4.4.6.4.5.7.4.4.e164.domain. 120 IN NAPTR \
76 1 "U" "E2U+sip" "!^(.*)$!sip:*241*\\1@4.4.4.4!" .   Now I use a stored procedure \
to deliver the results, and our issue is the client that processes the results, reads \
from the bottom up, and always picks the lowerest order_value or priority combination \
but this comes an issue when entries are the same. As ideally I want to load balance \
across the 2 entries , however the client (Genband Server) only reads results in a \
certain order, bottom up. Has anyone had this issue before? I was thinking of adding \
another column to the DB and its incremented after a selection which could then allow \
me to return results based on an order function but dont know how viable that is. Any \
help would be great. Many thanks
Jon