List:       pdns-users
Subject:    Re: [Pdns-users] Split Horizon Scripts
From:       Peter van Dijk <peter.van.dijk () netherlabs ! nl>
Date:       2011-11-15 12:29:54

> If that's not doable I would probably look at implementing an
> acl-based split in lua, serving from two different databases depending
> on acl match. I'm not sure how pdns would solve caching in that case.

Last line at http://doc.powerdns.com/recursor-scripting.html is relevant here:

  To indicate that an answer should not be cached in the packet cache, use \
setvariable(). Available since 3.3.

As soon as responses change depending on more than qname+qtype, you need to tell \
powerdns to not cache the response at all.

Kind regards,
Peter van Dijk